CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

My 22nd Year!!!

I came home from church today and decided i would write in my journal which turned more into a read old pages. My first page in this journal was from my birthday last year, i had written how my twenty-second year was going to be the best year ever! After sitting there and thinking about my year i realized that it really truly has been the best year!!!

REASONS WHY

- After many years of going to school i can finally say i am now a COLLEGE GRADUATE!!! (yay... go me!!) I walk at the end of April so it will be a much needed celebration!
-I lost 25 pounds
- I finished golfing at UVU (which is not a happy thing but it had to make the list)
- i got to travel to different places of the world
- Went out with some super cute guys ( I didn't fall in love, but i still had fun and made some new friends)
- I realized that i had a new love CUP CAKES!!!! (If you ever want some just let me know)
- I learned that one of my favorite meals is the salad at Cafe Rio! ( i could probably eat it everyday)
- I love to run and do it everyday... and i hope to run a marathon
- I was able to see my beautiful little sister get married


- But i think the thing that made my year so great is that i over came a challenge that i never imagined i would be able to conquer! What started out as something i didn't know how i would get through turned out to be the best and biggest adventure i have ever been on!

I learned how important the gospel is. My testimony grew and was strengthened everyday as i watched the many miracles that went on around me! I was blessed to realize just how important the power of the priesthood really is and that no matter what i needed the strength that it offered me!

I realized what it meant to love yourself and to enjoy what you are doing now. I cant focus on the things which i don't have yet, but just enjoy my life and what i am doing now!


I realized what AMAZING friends i have! They were always there to help me ( and that they wanted to help me) and it just took me pushing my pride aside and allowing them in. Through this we all became better friends and they have made me a MUCH better person! I love them all and i am so blessed that they are in my life and for their strength!

But i think the biggest thing i have learned is the love of a my family! I didn't realize how much i took them for granted. But i have learned that i have the VERY BEST family in the world (this is my extended family as well)! I would never have been able to get through this year without there love, and support. They were my constant cheerleaders and supporters. From the hospital, to doctor appointments, and to chemo treatments they were ALWAYS by my side! I have been so blessed!!!! My friendships grew with each member and i want to thank them all for there support!!

My sisters who were a constant brightnesses in EVERYDAY! Always showing me love and compassion! I could never have gotten through this year without them and there examples to be better and to never give up. They are both amazing wives and i am so blessed to have there examples. They are both beautiful inside and out and i am so grateful to be related to them!

My brother and his constant love that he is always gives to me! He has helped me through so much. He has become one of my biggest hero's and i look up to him and i love him! I am so grateful that i have been blessed to get to know him so well. Thank you for always letting me cry on your shoulder!



My dad for his talks, encouragement and for making the love of the savior and always demonstrating it in our home, and honoring power of the priesthood and always making us realize how important it is to have in our home! He is amazing and i am so grateful for his happy personality and bringing it into every situation!



And last but not least my WONDERFUL mother! Who's strength got me through the hardest times!!! She was at every doctors appointment, hospital stay, chemo treatment, along with the many hard days that came after. I would look forward to treatments because i knew that she would be there. She showed me so much love and support and i will never be able to thank her enough! She was my biggest cheerleader and has become my very Best Friend!!!!

As you can see my twenty second year of my life wasn't all gilts and glam but it was the best year of my life! I grew to be a better stronger person and i have now seen so many examples of the person i hope to become! Thank you for all of your help!!!! I cant WAIT to see what my twenty third year brings!!!!




2 comments:

Ashley & Donnie

Sis,
I look up to you so much. You are one of the only people I know that could have been so strong during your trials last year. You are so faithful and so good. You are beautiful, kind, caring, compassionate, and an all around amazing person! Thank you for always being there for me! I love you more then you will ever know!

Jordan and Sadie Simpson

I can't wait to see either! And I'm wondering how in the WORLD can you love cupcakes and lose 25 pounds all in the same post?! I'm definitely loving cupcakes, but not losing weight he he. It is amazing how much can happen in a year.

Post a Comment